I have been asked by many people... What is Willie Stylez doing to lose weight!?
What Does Stylez Think?
Well, to help with the weight loss, I'm mainly sticking to a few healthy staples. I believe these 5 things are the core of my weight loss success and may work for others as well. So here is the list.
- Eat 4 to 5 times per day (2 meals, 3 healthy snacks)
- the biggest mistake overweight people make is thinking if they only eat once or twice a day they will lose weight. On the contrary, that is what makes you gain weight! If you starve your body, it will absorb everything you put in your mouth, literally!
- but eating 4 to 6 times per day, of course smaller portions, will make your body get into a metabolizing mode, where it will expel more waste in anticipation of more food to come. You have to train your body to expect more food every few hours for it to burn off the calories versus absorbing the calories as fat.
- Excluding sugar, bread, high carb foods
- Personally, and for some people, carbs and sugar are my biggest downfall for weight
- excluding carbs and sugar from my diet immediately gives my body the ability to burn calories and lose weight
- this doesn't work for everyone but it's definitely worth the try
- Drinking 8-12 cups (8oz each) of water per day. Also eliminating all other soft drinks (except occasional unsweetened or sugar free sweetner teas)
- this is another instance, like the eating food often, where your body retains when it thinks you are going to starve it. If you don't drink water enough, your body is going to retain the liquids you do take in. And most of those would be juice and pop, and that is all filled with sugar and high calories! Thus those calories will turn to fat!
- If you drink enough water, your body will be able to expel more water in anticipation of more water to come
- Give it a try, start drinking 8 to 12 cups and see how much weight you will lose in 7 to 10 days! You'd be amazed!
- Workout 2 to 3 times per week, especially on cheat days
- Of course, when you are trying to lose weight, you can't avoid working out! You really should workout or get involved in a physical activity no matter what to live a healthy lifestyle. But when you are looking to drop the pounds, nothing better than good old fashion workout!
- I currently do a lot of aerobics (high-impact power walking) and light weight training
- Remember, you don't need a gym membership or a lot of fancy equipment. If you have a DVD player or Comcast On-Demand, there are plenty of workout videos out there to get you started!
- And again, no matter what your health level, physical activity is GREAT for everyone's health. Get out and play a sport, run, play with the kids, whatever... JUST MOVE!
- Limit cheat days to 1 per week. Gives me a chance to enjoy foods I like but normally restricted from
- And finally, don't be afraid to have a day where you can just relax. No calorie counting, no menu watching, etc. Just enjoy foods you normally would have to restrict yourself from.
- Now, don't go crazy, a meal or two is ok. But try to stick to the diet the rest of the day! ;-)
- And it's BEST to workout on planned, and especially unplanned, cheat days. It may make the difference between feeling bad for breaking the diet, and feeling really bad for having gained a pound or two!
With these 5 core staples of weight-loss, you too may be able to see your results! I hope it helps someone else. And, of course, adjust for what's best for your lifestyle and weight-loss goal. And PLEASE KEEP IN MIND... not all programs work for EVERYONE! There is NO MAGIC PILL, or single regiment that works for everyone! Everyone's body is different and everyone has to find what works best for their own body!
That is what Stylez thinks. Any further questions? Leave them in the comments!
Post a Comment